Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Brandy's Philosophy


I am primarily the mom to my 2 girls and wife to my wonderful husband Chad. In my downtime (yeah right), I have a private practice as a counselor. I got my start as a behaviorist working with special needs children and counseling their parents in my early 20's. I graduated with a B.S. in psychology as I continued to counsel clients and gain experience. I entered graduate school to get my masters in clinical social work (counseling) and a school counselor credential. My career started with a love for helping children, which grew to a love of helping the parents, as I became a parent myself.

As a matter of fact, I began to love helping any and ALL parents, as I realized, that the children were so directly affected by the mental health of the parent. Most of my current clients are mom's struggling to find their "happiness" or identity while balancing the demands of a family. As my practice grew, I began to see that the unique methodologies that I have been trained in created a perfect combination of treatment modalities and “word of mouth” referrals for my services have unexpectedly exploded. I am blessed. I am also a "results" person and I want to SEE the concrete changes in my clients. I am not necessarily "patient" when it comes to people getting better. Might be seen as a flaw, but in my books it equals EFFECTIVE! The unique methodology I use is both cognitive-behavioral (talk therapy) and an attachment repair (visualizations) EMDR model with a psychoanalytical component. These models being used together, excels a clients progress through therapy, saving time and money. Most all my clients would agree that the models are VISIBLY effective within the first few sessions and the life changes are substantial.